Mikaela Reuben Egg Bake
1 tablespoon coconut oil
½ large red onion diced
Pinch sea salt and pepper
2 teaspoons pressed garlic (approx. 4 cloves of garlic)
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon sriracha
1 tablespoon braggs/wheat free organic tamari
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon raw honey
1 ½ tablespoons chopped basil
1 ½ cups chopped spinach (packed)
1 cup baked yams
6 free range eggs
- Refer to Roasted Yams recipe, follow preparation steps and set aside once completed.
- Preheat oven to bake at 400°.
- Heat coconut oil in pan and add chopped onions, sea salt and pepper.
- Once onions are translucent, add garlic, chili powder, and sriracha and stir.
- Add tamari, lemon juice, and honey. Stir well and add chopped basil.
- Allow all the liquids to cook down together for a few minutes.
- Add baked yams and spinach.
- Once the spinach is wilted, after 3-4 minutes, taste and add more salt, pepper, or herbs as desired.
- In a separate bowl beat the eggs.
- In a 6” pan or other similar sized baking dish, combine the eggs and vegetables. Stir everything well so the vegetables are evenly distributed. You will want the mixture to sit at about 1 and ½ inch thick.
- Put pan in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. Check after 10 minutes and again at 15.
Plate and share with a side arugula salad with lemon juice and olive oil.
Hope you enjoy!