5 Ways to Celebrate Galentine's Day
Hey Leslie, what's Galentine's Day?
“Every February 13, my ladyfriends and I leave our husbands and our boyfriends at home, and we just come and kick it, breakfast-style. Ladies celebrating ladies. It’s like Lilith Fair, minus the angst. Plus frittatas.”
- Leslie Knope, Parks and Recreation
Founded in 2010 on an episode of Parks & Recreation, Galentine's Day (celebrated on February 13th) is a day for us women to celebrate the women in our lives - our bests, our moms, our sisters, our work wives - anyone who loves us, inspires us, or empowers us. Join Lunya in celebrating this important holiday !
Not sure how to celebrate? We made a guide for that...
GALENTINE'S DAY GUIDE
1. Host a Galentine's Day waffle breakfast (even if it's at night)! At Lunya, we have switched our regular Monday Team Breakfast to Tuesday (gasp!) in order to celebrate this all-important holiday. Our breakfast hosts will be making savory and sweet waffles with a DIY toppings station - think sprinkles and whipped cream, or bacon and crème fraîche. Head over to Pinterest for some waffle bar porn and get inspired to host your own Galentine's Day fête.
2. Make Galentines for each woman in your office and hide them somewhere they will find (think: the fridge, the bathroom, or their windshield). We like the idea of using some of Leslie Knope's choice compliments as a place to start...
We also found this amazing Leslie Knope compliment generator in case none of the above work for your and your women.
3. Can anyone say presents? On the original Galentine's Day episode, Leslie gifted each of her besties hand-crocheted flower pens, mosaic portraits, and a 5,000-word essay she wrote for every person explaining why she loves them so much. We aren't even sure what a hand-crocheted flower pen is and certainly couldn't even pen 5,000 words about ourselves, let alone someone else, so we settled for our favorite Lunya Washable Silk pieces and a handmaid card (see above). Here are some of our favorite silk gift-ables...
4. Volunteer! Leslie Knope is a known do-gooder, so take a page from her book and give back to your community! It's a great way to feel good, give back, bond with your girls, and in some cases, exercise. Not sure how to find something you may be interested in? Find a place to volunteer here!
5. Make a T-Shirt for your squad from some of Leslie's favorite pro-female sentiments. There is still time to get them in time, and mega bonus points for gifting her something she will be wearing to every Women's March. Hello, street cred.
HAPPY GALENTINE'S DAY, ALL!