Designer / Merchandiser
We are seeking someone with the rare blend of mad style and hands-on execution skills. The Designer/Merchandiser shares our modern aesthetic and love of stylish/comfortable pieces while knowing how to dominate at product development. We want entrepreneurial minded, out-of-the-box, thinkers that are hard working, open minded and fun to help us change the world - one bedroom at a time.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Designer/Merchandiser must be stylistically on point, understand our product mission, our audience and how to craft a cohesive must-buy collection.
- Develop product assortment plan to present to the team
- Identify trends and make suggestions based on company values & aesthetic
- Suggest and implement initiatives to optimize sales/margins
- Assess and react to the competitive market with respect to trends, marketing & product strategy
- Effectively work cross functionally to ensure timely delivery and ensure all teams are aware of product plan/strategy
- Participate in development and fittings
- Initiate designs beginning with thorough research and inspirational images, sketch ideas, iterate and develop final saleable product
- Possess a clear understanding of retail financial measurements and how you can influence them
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelors Degree
- 5+ years merchandising/design experience
- Motivated self starter with a positive can-do attitude
- A multitasking ninja with a keen sense for prioritization
- Detail oriented and appreciative of the Lunya aesthetic
- Comfortable giving honest, direct feedback
- Not afraid to stress what you feel is right
- Savvy with: Photoshop, Illustrator, etc
- Available Full Time for a position in Santa Monica, CA
HELP US GET TO KNOW YOU
- Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- Also include the following:
- Tell us a your favorite clothing brands and why.
- Tell us why you are interested in being part of a start up.