National Pancake Day! Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes via Offbeat & Inspired
Do you have a breakfast-food crush? Waffles drenched in syrup? Spiced oatmeal with apples? Bacon and eggs smothered in hot sauce? In honor of National Pancake Day we are sharing one of our favorite recipes from Offbeat & Inspired, a classic spin on an old standby.
Chocolate Chip Banana Pancakes
Yields 12 large pancakes (263 calories each)
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 2.5 cups 2% milk
- 3 medium bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp. vanilla bean paste
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- coconut oil or butter for greasing your griddle/pan
- Sift together the flour, sugar, cinnamon and baking powder in a large bowl
- Whisk together milk, mashed banana, eggs and vanilla bean paste in a medium bowl
- Stir the wet mixture into the dry until just combined
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Ladle the pancake batter onto a griddle (350 degrees F) lightly greased with coconut oil (or butter) with a 1/2 cup measure to make sure your pancakes are all the right size.
- Flip when bubbles start to form on the surface of the cakes and the bottoms are golden brown (about 3-5 minutes on each side)
So good! Enjoy these bad boys on Pancake Day, lazy Sunday, or any day.